COVID 19 and PS 282 resources
GUIDANCE FOR STAYING HOME
If student or staff member has a fever of 100 degrees or higher or exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, such as:
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Fatigue; · Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat; · Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting; and/or
They are to remain home until there are no further symptoms for 24 hours. Students and staff who previously showed symptoms will not be permitted into school without a note from a doctor.
If you are in need of a device for remote learning, you can request an iPad from the Department of Education https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
Every New York City public school student will be given the necessary tools and materials for remote learning. By accepting the agreement and using the device, families agree that the device is the property of the NYCDOE, and it must be returned when on-site learning resumes. To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the NYCDOE has created student accounts for every student. The account gives you access to Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365.
FOR REMOTE DAYS
Where do students find their account ID and password?
To retrieve your account ID and password:
1. Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, in Operoo, marked Student ID in students profile, or in your NYCSA account.)
3. Enter your birthday.
4. Click Continue.
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6. Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
7. If you have not already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
8. Pick a password that only you will know.
9. Re-enter your password.
10.Click Update Password.
How to access Google Classroom
Please follow the instructions below to access Google Classroom using your nycstudents.net login.
1. Go to TeachHub(Open external link)
2. Enter your DOE student account email (it ends in @nycstudents.net)
3. If you don't know your DOE student account email, visit DOE Student Accounts
4. Enter your password.
5. Click Sign In.
6. If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed into the remote learning portal successfully.
7. Click on the Google Classroom icon.
8. Now you are in Google Classroom!