COVID 19 and PS 282 GUIDANCE
GUIDANCE FOR STAYING HOME
If student or staff member has a fever of 100 degrees or higher or exhibits any symptoms of COVID-19, such as:
· Cough; · Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; · Fatigue; · Muscle or body aches; · Headache; · New loss of taste or smell; · Sore throat; · Congestion or runny nose; · Nausea or vomiting; and/or · Diarrhea.
They are to remain home until there are no further symptoms for 24 hours. Students and staff who previously showed symptoms will not be permitted into school without a note from a doctor. For additional information on our schools re-opening plan, please visit:
REMOTE LEARNING GUIDELINES
Remote learning allows teachers to deliver their lessons online, and students can complete assignments, projects, and assessments just as if they would in the classroom. This will create an opportunity for students and teachers to interact online and allows students to continue learning subjects and material that are a key part of their curriculum.
Learning Preference to go 100% Remote Learning:
If you are in need of a device for remote learning, you can request an iPad from the Department of Education
Every New York City public school student will be given the necessary tools and materials for remote learning. By accepting the agreement and using the device, families agree that the device is the property of the NYCDOE, and it must be returned when on-site learning resumes. To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the NYCDOE has created student accounts for every student. The account gives you access to Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365.
Where do students find their account ID and password?
To retrieve your account ID and password:
1. Go to Student Account Self Service(Open external link)
2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, in Operoo, marked Student ID in students profile, or in your NYCSA account.)
3. Enter your birthday.
4. Click Continue.
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6. Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is .
7. If you have not already set up a password, you will be asked to set one up.
8. Pick a password that only you will know.
9. Re-enter your password.
10.Click Update Password.
How do students access Google Classroom?
To access Google Classroom: Go to
1. Enter your DOE Student Username
2. Click Next
3. Enter your password
4. Click Next
5. If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed-in successfully.
Learn at Home for All Students
Mental Health Support for New Yorkers